Tea-towel Totes

Sunday, June 3, 2012

So, I started with these ...



I did a real little bit of this ...


And then, as if by magic, I ended up with these ...


Super-cool, huh?  Well, okay, maybe not by "magic" but they were so easy to make and I finished them in no time at all so it almost felt like magic!  They are made from tea-towels - I know, how cute is that?  I would've scored serious "cool" points if they were recycled tea-towels but unfortunately not these babies - I did, however, get them in the Freedom sale a couple of weeks ago for $1.98 each.  Seriously, how can you walk by that little deal?  And, how handy are totes?  Take them to the market and fill them with fresh produce, to an antique fair to stash away your cute collectibles, a quick trip to the shop for bread and milk (which I do just about every day!) or throw one in your suitcase when you go on holiday - they take up zero room.  Love it - ultra cheap, simple to make, good-looking and all for a tad over $4.  Win, win & win!


The "Reversible Dish Towel" pattern is from the "Craftsy" site (which I have just discovered and LOVE), it was definitely a pleasure to sew, the instructions were clear and easy and I will for sure be making more of these bags soon.  And one more time just for smiles ...


Until my next project ...

6 comments:

  1. Love these - thank you so much for linking up at Mommy Archive

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. Thanks Jennifer - have a go at making them ... they're super easy! :)

      Delete
  3. Oh my goodness. These are sooo adorable. What charming and useful totes. Thanks for telling me about Craftsy. I have never seen it before!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Yvonne! Yes, they're great, aren't they and so ridiculously easy to make. Very handy too. Your blog is stunning and I totally want one of your Potting Benches! :)

      Delete